INFORMATION FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
In order to streamline the school supply process and reduce costs, Goodwater Montessori will be buying most of the school supplies in bulk for each level. Families will pay for each of their students based on their Montessori Level:
Primary and Elementary Supplies: $60
Adolescent Community Supplies: $80
Please note that the fee does not cover personal supplies below.
Other School Supplies Needed for All
- A simple lunch bag
- Goodwater will NOT use backpacks. We are limited in storage space in the classroom and will not have room to store these items safely.
- If your child is bringing lunch from home to eat at school, then a lunch bag/box is needed. There will be shelving in the hallway for these items. All items must be labeled with your child's name.
- Indoor shoes
- Goodwater will have indoor shoes in the environment. This is a wonderful way to keep our environments clean, and, more importantly, give our children a better connection with the floor. In order for our children to perfect their movements while walking, they must be able to feel their feet bending and adjusting to the floor. Ballet shoes are perfect for the environment and affordable! Anything with a thinner sole would be appropriate for an indoor shoe. Also, please make sure the shoes have more than just a strap around the heel, because these shoes easily fall off when walking around the room. All items must be labeled with your child's name.
- Water bottle for daily use
- We will have cups in the environment, but we encourage families to bring water bottles. We all know how hot it can get in Texas, and we want your child to be able to have water at any point in the day. As always, all items must be labeled with your child's name.
Primary Supplies Needed
- Extra clothes
- Your child will need to bring an extra set of clothing to school that will be kept in the classroom. This goes for all age levels, even if your child is independent in the restroom. You can bring the clothing in a gallon-sized ziploc bag during open house or on the first day of school. Again, All items must be labeled with your child's name.
- Items for naptime
- If your child is a PK3 then she/he will be attending a nap/rest period in the afternoon. Your child will need to bring a blanket or sheet, and small pillows are also welcomed. Storage is limited, and toys/stuffed animals need to be left at home. All items must be labeled with your child's name.