Goodwater Montessori Arrival and Dismissal Procedures Information
The Montessori Curriculum teaches Grace and Courtesy. Please serve as models of Grace of Courtesy to your children during arrival and dismissal. Thank you.
Our procedures were determined based on the following:
Safety for our Students and Staff
Consideration for our school neighbors and fellow drivers
Ease of understanding for parents
- Arrival begins at 7:30 AM. We do not have staff to watch the children before this time.
- At dismissal, all students must be picked up by 3:30 PM.
- If you arrive after 8:00 AM please park and walk your student(s) into the Front Office. The Primary doors will be locked.
- Please do not use your cell phones while dropping off your children. Do not use cell phones after the students have been dismissed.
- Please follow the direction of all staff and volunteers directing traffic and assisting students.
- Please leave the crosswalks clear. Do not stop on them. Please make note of all crosswalks on the school grounds. We will have staff to help the students stay safe but the drivers must as well.
- Please pull close to the car in front of you so fewer cars will be potentially blocking Stadium Drive.
- Please stay in your car. Staff and volunteers will help to load and unload students.
- You must have a pickup card on display in order to pick up your students
Late Pickup Fees
Please remember that all students must be picked up by 3:30 pm. Our official dismissal time is 3:15 pm. Once the dismissal line ends OR after 3:30, whichever comes last, any students still waiting will be directed inside and will be signed in as late pickups. Parents will need to sign them out.
A late fee of $1 per minute will be assessed per our Handbook.
The above policy applies to our Half-Day PreK as well. The classroom assistants are waiting with the students and they must be able to return to the classroom immediately. Please be ready to get your students by 11:30 am. The family of any student remaining after 11:35 am will be assessed a fee of $1 for every minute after 11:35 am.
Thank you for being on time to get your students!